Robert Hood makes minimal Detroit techno with an emphasis on soul and experimentation over flash and popularity. Having recorded for Metroplex, as well as the Austrian Cheap label and Jeff Mills’ Axis label, Hood also owns and operates the M-Plant imprint, through which he’s released the bulk of his solo material.
We really cannot wait for this techno genius to grace us with his musical presence on the 28th for an extended 3 hour set.
Alongside Robert will be Andrew Wowk a local regular on the Sydney circuit and your Sonido residents Tom Harwood, Ryan Kenna and Andy Myatt.
There will be limited early bird tickets so grab em while you can.
To keep up to date with ticket info and the latest Sonido news and events check out:
- EVENT: ‘Paris / Berlin / Detroit: 20 Years of Underground Techno’ Film Screening + Q & A as Part of Sydney Fringe Festival | Chicago, History, Detroit, Techno, House, Deep House Sydney, (spiritofhouse.com.au)
- Strange Signals presents Eric Cloutier Warehouse Party | Deep Soulful House Sydney Techno (spiritofhouse.com.au)
- EVENT: Kenny Larkin (Cadenza, Art Of Dance Records, Detroit) Heads to Goldfish Sydney – DEEP HOUSE, DETROIT TECHNO SYDNEY (spiritofhouse.com.au)
- The Hydra: Full Line-Ups (thequietus.com)
- Floorplan – Paradise (subsoilblog.wordpress.com)
- Hipodrome Podcast 015 – Muzikalist b2b Maxi Clash (threadlog.wordpress.com)
- Respect: 50 DJs Over 50 Who Are Still Killing It (dancelifeculture.wordpress.com)
- 50 DJs Over 50 Who Are Still Killing It (kielarowski.wordpress.com)
- DJ Debriefing: DVS1 (littlewhiteearbuds.com)
- Clubs picks of the week (theguardian.com)